Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tea and Sugar

Tea and sugar, these were the gifts Janet suggested I bring to Roseline's funeral tomorrow. As Meredith and I walked-up to the dukas to purchase some sugar, she asked, "Why need sugar, Mommy?" I said, "Meredith, Roseline died and went to see Jesus we are getting the sugar for her family." So as we continued walking, she greeted every person saying, "Roseline died, it sad, we get sugar for her daughter." Once we bought the sugar she insisted on carrying it the entire way home saying, "I give this to Diana (Roseline's daughter)." As I was making a poster today for the funeral I read Ps 16:11, "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Sweet, warm things bring  pleasure, so tea and sugar are indeed the perfect reminders of the eternal joy that awaits us in heaven.  

No comments: