Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Decision Time

It's official; I become a fellow of pelvic reconstruction July 2011 at the University of New Mexico. This may be a rare interest in the world of medicine (although the statistics for the numbers of women with incontinence are staggering), but I'm excited. There's much more to write about this decision and how it all came about, but that will have to wait until we have finished laundry, packing, goodbyes, leave Seattle Sept 9th and arrive in Kenya September 11th. For now I can say that Malin is an amazing husband, there are a LOT of details to work out, and we hope the next "vacation" we take doesn't involve surgery or any major life decisions.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Congratulations! I know you'll do great and I pray that you all feel peace about your decision.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sara. I know this came with lots of prayer and thought. I think that there are so many women out there who will benefit from your interest in this life-changing problem. I know you will be a blessing to many and that the Lord will send you women who will also bless your life.

Looking forward to prayerfully supporting you in this, "the next chapter."

Love to you, Kathy

Malin - I so appreciate your taking the time to call and leave that wonderful message. I feel so blessed to be able to pray for you all. Thank you again.

Anonymous said...

Sara, Malin and girls,
It was great to meet you, however briefly, Malin and Amelia. So wonderful to see you, Sara and Meredith, again.
Our prayers for safe travel go with you, sweet family. Our prayers, also, for peace and confidence about the decisions that need to be made.
Terie and Phil O.