Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


Amelia and Meredith both woke-up screaming last night and ended-up in our bed. Malin went upstairs to sleep. As soon as Amelia woke-up she ran to get the tie and shirt she had made dad at school for Father's Day and presented it to him in bed. Meredith ran upstairs too because she also had a gift for daddy. We went to Sunday School and church and then drove to Nairobi to go out for lunch. This was a white-knuckle trip for me. I'm not the best about backseat driving and the drivers around here are unpredictable. Nevertheless Malin kept the car on the left side of the road and did well even with donkeys, people, cars, and matatus (taxis) pulling in and out as they pleased. We actually ate Chinese food for lunch and ice cream and then headed back to Kijabe. It felt good to do things we would routinely do in the States: driving, go out to eat, treat the girls to ice cream, and celebrate Father's Day. I think these ordinary things become extraordinary encouragement and support when living so far away. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Malin. Glad to hear that you are jumping into life in a new spot, white knuckles and all.

Praying for each of you,
Kathy
Bend, OR

Megan N said...

Malin- I like the car and the new haircut. Hope you had a wonderful father's day.

Megan N said...

Malin- I like the car and the new haircut. Hope you had a wonderful father's day.

Megan Shirley said...

I'm thankful to read about your transition to Kijabe and gain a little insight into our new home. I look forward to learning more about Kijabe on your blog and look forward to meeting you in November!

Anonymous said...

Amelia, thanks.. I'm always trying to get your father to wear a tie. Well done girl. I also pray when I am in distress whether from unrecognized sounds in the night or challenges that seem too big. Keep praying. Jesus hears you and He hears me. Grampie

Anonymous said...

cvx