Saturday, May 15, 2010

The best breakfast ever!






We were delighted to be invited to Giraffe Manor for breakfast. 



Their exclusive accommodations are the only location in the world to come-up close and personnel with the Rothschild Giraffe. It was such a treat to enjoy this breakfast and then be near the giraffes.
Particularly as this breakfast was a trial run of their new menu and therefore free of charge. It truly was a once in a lifetime event. Meredith and Amelia quickly overcame their fears and fed the giraffes for over 1 hour. While there were so many wonderful moments, the funniest moment was when I took Meredith to the restroom (keep in mind it is 880 dollars per night to stay here). She walked in and promptly said with genuine surprise, "Mommy it doesn't smell in here." I'm so glad she appreciates a clean toilet and restroom! And I'm not sure she would've learned this had we not lived in Kenya

3 comments:

Emily said...

What an amazing experience. The only giraffe I've seen is at the Oregon Zoo and he's always his building, so you an only see him through a window. I'm sure the girs will never forget that breakfast. So fun!

Christina said...

How cool! And I agree, it's great that Meredith can appreciate a clean bathroom. It is truly a thing of joy here in Kenya!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is amazing. That is so cool. I'm so glad that you all got to experience that; it is a once-in-a-lifetime treat. Great pictures of the girls too. I'm glad they got over their fears and took advantage:) Love,

Auntie Kiersten