Thursday, October 15, 2009

Returning and update

It's always strange trying to change sleeping, eating and awake habits by 10 hours. But I'm thankful our family gets to spend next week together at a retreat with our mission organization Samaritan's Purse. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll all be sleeping through the night again.

I went briefly into the hospital today and received many warm greetings. Many also thanked God for a safe return and wonderful time with my family. I also received an e-mail from a patient when I returned. Many will remember me asking for specific prayers for Linda as she had a rare vaginal anomaly that we repaired. Below is the e-mail from her mother:

habari Daktari
linda is doing fine i just want to inform you that LINDA RESIVED HER PERIODS on saterday the flow is well no pains she is just okey and no complain it abit heavy but i think its just normal will come on 30 end month
have good time while saving other peoples life

God bless you
Beatreice and LINDA



I recognize that probably only a gynecologist could get excited reading that a young adolescent is getting periods, but it was encouraging to know that the surgery was successful. I attribute a lot of that to the wisdom God provided through the power of prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, Sara. I know how much you care for each one of your patients. God through you has given the girl a life.
Love, Mom C