Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Caterpillar in my Eye!

     Meredith came down with a droopy, swollen, pink, weeping eye yesterday that she constantly rubbed with her pink Blankee to make her feel better.
    Unfortunatly our favorite Opthamologist (Papa) was not available.  Meredith and Sara walked up to Tenwek to see Dr. Ben our Opthamologist at Tenwek.  Dr. Ben and Sara and a couple stabilizing Meredith were able to get "the Caterpillar" out of her eye by swabbing underneath the eyelids.  
     She was diagnosed with corneal abrasion and placed on antibiotic eye drops.  I think she is fine..she just looks a little pathetic.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Poor thing. I hope she feels better soon, especially since you're going on a trip this week!

Anonymous said...

Oh, ouch. A long time contact wearer in my past, I have had a few of these and they aren't a lot of fun. Prayers for fast healing.
Kathy
Bend,OR